Friday, May 22, 2009

Cloche Series - "Junie" Hat



Still playing with the Cloche Series of hats. This one is in a beautiful, vintage appeal cotton.

About 8 or 9 years (or more) ago, I worked for an interior design store. When I left, I left with an obscene amount of fabric samples and fabric books etc. I did finally get rid of some of the fabric books, but the larger sample pieces I kept. I have a goodly size batch of some Martha Stewart Home collection cottons. Nice weight, vintage patterns, beautiful weave and soil/oil repellent as well! I keep things forever, or at least it feels that way, but I know that if I keep something long enough because I like/love it or because there is value in it, I eventually will wind up using it. This is the case with these fabrics.


I had forgotten what a pain in the butt lining things was, but I had a bolt of some fine muslin also laying around (I told you, I keep everything!) and it worked perfectly for the lining.

More pictures can be seen at my
1000 Markets shop.. do drop in and say hello.

1 comment:

  1. Perfection, Rachel! I am a "keeper" (my husband uses a different word) of things as well :) There can be real inspiration on those stashes, be they yarn, paper, fabric, or bead. This new line is perfect for these warmer days. Brava!

    ReplyDelete